Driven Pheasant Tower Shoot
Procedures and Rules
Scroll Down for All Shoot Dates
- Shooting grounds consist of 20 shooting positions that are from 75 to 150 yards from the tower.
- Each station is occupied by one or two shooters. (20 minimum - 40 maximum)
- Nine pheasants per shooter are released during the shoot.
- Pheasants are released two at a time.
- Shooting positions are situated to allow only overhead shooting at pheasants that have a flying start of at least 75 yards.
- Most shots are from 40 to 60 yards long.
- Recommended Gun - 12 gauge, Full Choke,
- Recommended Shell - 2 3/4" 3 1/4 dram. 1 1/4 # 5s no 3" or 3 1/2" magnums allowed and no shot larger than #5 allowed.
- Shooters rotate after each shooting period. During the shoot each shooter rotates completely around the tower, so everyone has equal opportunity.
- Half way through the shoot we take a break for refreshments.
- When the shooting is completed, all shooters return to the club house for a barbecue lunch of beef, ribs, and sausage.
- All birds are cleaned and divided equally.
- The first six shooters paying a $75.00 cleanup hunt fee can return after lunch to the tower area to hunt the pheasants that escaped.
- 2011 - 2012 Price is $285.00 per Gun
- Shoot Starts at 9:00 AM arrive no later than 8:30 AM.
Upland Cup Designated Shoots
- Grand Prairie Gun Club won the Cup for 2007 - 2008 with an 86% Kill Rate
- The Fort Worth Sportsmen Club won the Cup for 2008 - 2009 with an 82.6% Kill Rate
- Get your Club to pick a date and enter the 2009 - 2010 Upland Cup Competition for gun clubs and hunting groups.
Scroll Down for Tower Shoot dates and Availability